I work with couples to heal from past hurts, improve communication, build trust, increase fulfillment and prepare for major life transitions. While every couple is different, some common issues that couples seek therapy for include:
- Preparing for marriage
- Seeking improved sex life and healing from sexual dysfunction or differences in libido
- Family planning
- Navigating open relationships
- Healing after miscarriage
- Role changes
- Codependency or Distance
- Bickering/constant arguing
- Coping with community or family stressors related to homophobia, transphobia or racism
- Coping with medical illness, mental illness, or crisis in the marriage
We work from a curious and strengths-based perspective to cultivate trust, courage and intimacy in your relationship. We explore the structures of your world, as well as the nature of the interactions that have come to characterize your relationship. From there, we seek out new ways of communicating, connecting, healing, and creatively building the life you want.
Is Couples Therapy Right For You?
Entering into couples therapy can be exciting. That being said, therapy is a vulnerable process, and for some people, the prospect of entering couples therapy is truly frightening. If you're not sure whether couples therapy is right for you, or if you have any questions about the process, please feel free to call me or send me an email. I'm happy to listen to your concerns and answer your questions so you can make the decision that is right for you and your partnership.